MacOS 64-bit Beta now available
MacOS Catalina now has a 64-bit beta version in downloads - put it in your Applications folder before running. It doesn't have every command and feature quite yet, but the essential fire burning is in. On some displays it might look too zoomed in, I added a temporary fix for now - press the 9 and 0 keys to zoom out/in.
Pixel_Fireplace 64bitBeta 2019-12-19 (v0.9.0) known issues:
- Display can go to sleep while the fire is running. I need to figure out how to prevent this on Mac. For now, you'll have to increase the time before the display turns off in 'System Preferences -> Energy Saver" before running it - sorry about that.
- On some screens the scaling is too zoomed-in and the fire pixels get cut off at the top of the screen. Use 9 and 0 to zoom out/in.
- Colors, and a few other commands haven't been re-coded or have bugs, so they aren't in just yet.
- Some audio love is needed for a couple things.
- Splash screen needed at the beginning so it's not just a black screen for awhile. And on some screens it flashes white briefly on launch. Still figuring this out.
- Second monitor support. I have something that mooostly works but it needs some TLC and a user-defined menu. I'll come back to this after I get other priority things finished.
- I changed the fire a bit, and will probably update it again later.
- The max logs is now 3 instead of 5, and they don't stagger left and right like they did before. I like this better.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.